I find myself using this little snippet of code that is added to the wp-config.php file quite a lot these days with customers that are migrating from one host to another and need to use a testing URL. Simply adding the following lines of code to the wp-config.php will force WordPress into using that URL instead of the one specified within the database for things.
Well looking back I have been pretty bad about posting, always stating I will be posting on a regular basis…. never seems to happen. Anyways its a new year and I am going to try to make the same promise again. I have been wanting to post on a more frequent basis these days, but for some reason I never find the time to actually site and do so. I mildly blame Reddit and Imgur for this as they seem to occupy more and more of my free time.
Anyways I have slowly been addressing some issues on my site, removing plugins, adjust themes the whole 9 yards. I was initially working on a custom theme, but really who has the time to sit down and do that. The other day I went out and purchased a copy of the Standard theme which I am currently running. Overall it seems to have sped up the site quite a bit (though this could also be due tot he fact I have removed a ton of plugins, and cleaned up the database too). Its a pretty nice theme and looks like something that I will be able to build off of as time allows.
Well anyways happy late new years to everyone and really I hope to be posting a bit more frequent this year…
While I know the site looks like its missing the stylesheet, it really isn’t. I have been messing around trying to make the site as fast loading and as minimal as possible… so it should start to take better shape soon enough.