Well let’s see I was born August 7th 1980 @ 2:17pm in good old Lansing Michigan. Over the years I grew up did this and did that, somewhere along the way I took a liking to computers and really excelled at it. From the BBS days on a 1200 baud modem to working in multiple data centers with multiple provider connections coming in.
After spending 24 winters in that cold gloomy state I decided it was time for a change to experience what lies outside of Michigan, so in July of 2005, I decided to move to Sunny California to see what it could bring me in life. I worked for an outdoor lighting company as their Director of Media Technology (Pretty much a fancy title for saying I edited photos, managed a blog, and helped the owner send emails). I moved from that to working at another Web Hosting company.
After spending a few years in Los Angeles, I moved to Las Vegas for a year and after a very hot summer in Las Vegas, I decided to move back to Los Angeles once again. That time around it was short lived and I found myself back in Las Vegas dealing with the extreme heat. After a couple of years being back in Las Vegas in 2013, I decided it was time to make another move, this time to the mountains of Colorado. Ended up choosing Boulder, Colorado which was an amazing change from Vegas. After being in Boulder I did a short stint living in downtown Denver right off Colfax which was a great location, and a lot more walkable than I expected. After a visit back to Michigan for a friends funeral, I decided that maybe it was time after being away for 11yrs to move back to my hometown of Okemos, Michigan. On January 20th, 2017 I hit the road and made that same drive that I made in 2006 when I started my journey out West.
Just before moving to Colorado I started working with Laughing Squid Hosting as a system administrator which allowed for the move as well as starting my own business (sd3labs, LLC now defunct). After 5yrs with Laughing Squid Hosting, I decided to move on and take a job with Pressed.net a White-Label Fully Managed WordPress Hosting company, which was eventually acquired by Envato where I am now part of the Hosting Support team where I spend most of my days handling escalations, reviewing and onboarding themes for our hosted platform, as well as creating various internal scripts to help our team.
About the Site:
In my many years of being on the net I have had many sites, Filthcentral.net, Systm.io (Managed WordPress Hosting), ShelbyDenike.com(Now the home of my WordPress consulting business), 7pounds.net, RubberOlives.com, Minify.us, Pict.mobi, Createmy.pw, VidThumb.com, TechFaqs.net, 878Studios.com etc…. I decided that I wanted a place to express myself and also play with web technologies so I purchased Fauxzen.com. I have been running the site with this domain since Feb 2004 and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. Fauxzen uses WordPress, a slew of plug-ins to make it function the way that I see fit, and of course, is running on my Managed WordPress hosting platform.
Facts: Updated 02.23.2018
- I can cook really well… on a grill, ask me to bake a cake and I will fail. I have recently branched out into making some awesome home-made pizza, as well as egg rolls and various other dishes with my fancy cooking gear that I acquire much too often.
- I used to only use Mozilla Firefox but recently discovered Chrome… and since OS X 10.11 I switched back to Safari since it allowed for the proper usage of switching tabs that all other browsers have had for decades.
- I was pretty sheltered when it came to food, being raised on the all American meal of Burgers, Pizza, and Meat Loaf but over the years I have branched out and will usually give just about anything a try.
- I am STILL addicted to Twitter
- I have given up on Gentoo and stick to Ubuntu on all of my Linux Machines
I think that Las Vegas is the single greatest places in the world, its like an adult Disney Land.
- I tried the vegetarian route for a month once and may try it again sometime in the future… but not anytime soon as it was so boring.
- If I start a movie I will watch it no matter how bad it is. Unless it is Journey to the Center of the Earth, that movie is absolute crap.
- I am a big fan of screen (as it has saved my ass on many occasions when it comes to crap connections.)