Prep: 10min | Cook: 30min | Total: 40min
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 12oz bowtie pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat in a deep-sided skillet or Dutch oven.
- To the dutch oven, add the cubed chicken and cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes or until the outside is browned.
- Stir in the bell peppers
- Now stir in the garlic, salt, and black pepper, then continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, cream, and dry pasta to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the parmesan cheese in batches, stir until melted, and until all combined
- Serve and topped with parsley for taste.