I have been making my own pasta noodles for a while now and decided I should give a go at homemade meatballs. I have tried a couple of different meatball recipes but it has not turned out exactly as I had hoped.
Over the weekend I did a bit of research and compared various meatball recipes and with that information, I frankensteined a recipe of my own, though of course did not take a picture which I really need to get better about doing.
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- .5lb ground beef
- .5lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl mix in all of the ingredients, but don’t overdo it as too much mixing will render dry/tough meatballs. Just make sure everything is more or less evenly mixed.
- Create 1-1.5in meatballs and place them on the baking sheet 1/4-1/2in apart. I find it best to line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and then broil at 500°F for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place directly into pasta sauce on a low simmer.