I love Lasagna, but making it from scratch takes forever, and while the store-bought kind tastes great it also has a ton of additives and takes over an hour of cooking time. This recipe is not only delicious but it’s easy, healthier, and quick!
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1lb farfalle pasta
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups of water
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the oil to the instant pot and press the saute function. Add the onions and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and red crushed pepper and cook for around 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey, making sure to break it up while it’s cooking. I use a wooden spoon. Let the turkey cook until browned completely, this should take around 5 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and mix well. Place the farfalle pasta on top of the meat sauce and then add the 3 cups of water. Do not mix, else your Instant Pot may give a burn warning during the cooking process.
- Now you can cancel the saute mode, and place the lid on the Instant Pot, seal the valve, and press the “pressure cook” function. Set the timer for 3 minutes.
- Once cooking has completed perform a quick release. Pasta should be al dente.
- Now stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta and cover the instant pot with the lid for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
You should now be able to dish up and serve!