I have been getting quite bored with what I have been making, so over the weekend, I searched for something new. I started by seeing what I already had laying around as I didn’t want to have to go on a major shopping spree in order to make a single meal. I came across a couple of different recipes and compared them and got to work.
Below is the final set of ingredients as well as for instructions that I finally settled on. Sadly I did not end up taking any pictures as I dug right in when it was all done!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly lengthwise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- Chopped parsley
- First season the chicken with salt and pepper and then coat each piece in the flour, be sure to shake off excess flour.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter with the olive oil, over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken slices to the skillet, cook for 4-5 min on each side (until browned) After the chicken has been cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Now add lemon juice, wine, and capers. Bring to a boil now add remaining butter, once melted add the chicken back to skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes. At this point, the sauce should start to thicken.
- Remove skillet from the stove, sprinkle the parsley on to the chicken and serve.
If you are looking for other ideas and have an Instant Pot, be sure to check out my Chicken Tikka Masala recipe!