The other day Nicole was on the search for a quick and simple meal, she came across a Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe that while it was pretty good, took a while a lot longer to make and was missing something. That got me thinking about how to change this recipe around to not only save time but cater to everyone’s taste buds.
While the original recipe called for jalapeños, they are not for everyone in the house so I wanted to dial it back a bit. Also, the sauce that was in it also was a bit over the top and added a lot of extra time to the recipe, so I decided to switch it out. Here is the recipe for the Shredded Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas that I came up with while maintaining parts of the original recipe and then Shelbfying the rest.
- 1 pound large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – to taste
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Rays Mild Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- large flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- romaine lettuce
- green goddess salad dressing
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and bake at 350 for 35 minutes
- Once the chicken has been cooked allow cooling to room temperature
- Shred the chicken (I use two forks) and place it in a bowl
- Add Sweet Baby Rays Wing Sauce, Greek yogurt, dried parsley, and dill to bowl with chicken
- Mix the contents in the bowl until fully mixed and place covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- While the chicken mixture is cooling, shred the romaine lettuce and set it aside
- Remove chicken mixture from refrigerator and spread around two to three spoon fulls of chicken mixture on one half of the large tortilla. (Depending on the size of the tortilla you may need more or less chicken.)
- Top chicken side of tortilla with shredded cheddar and pepper jack
- On the other half of the large tortilla top with shredded romaine lettuce and a drizzle of the green goddess dressing.
- Fold tortilla in half so that you have a quesadilla
- Place in a pan over medium heat, chicken mixture side down and cook until the cheese starts to melt, then flip and cook the other side for about 3-4 minutes
- Remove from pan and cut into quarters, serve!
Below I have included some pictures of the entire process in case you are questioning how things should be done or turn out.