While I can’t seem to stop making the Lemon Chicken Piccata I figured I needed to give it a break and try out something new to keep the menu fresh at home, and sadly this has become my new overly made kitchen goto creation.
Ingredients – Chicken
- 1 pound large boneless, skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally
- Black Pepper
- Onion powder
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients – Sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 oz jarred sun-dried tomato strips in oil drained, set the oil aside
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups heavy or thickened cream
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder evenly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomato oil with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the chicken for 5-7 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through (May require more olive oil depending on the size of pan)
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside keeping warm
- Add the remaining sun-dried tomato oil into the pan and fry the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Pour 1/2 cup white wine into the pan, allow a few minutes to reduce.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes and then mix in Dijon Mustard
- Now add in 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat, add the cream and bring to a simmer. Add additional salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the baby spinach, allow baby spinach to wilt in the sauce
- Add in the grated parmesan cheese, give a few minutes for the cheese to melt into the sauce
- Place the chicken back into the pan, sprinkle with parsley
You can serve this dish in many ways, I have continued with my goto of placing on top of homemade fettuccini noodles, and on occasion serving with a side of garlic bread for the sauce.